Las

To Be Determined

I read. Mostly Romance. I like to talk about books. The end.
Go Fetch! - Shelly Laurenston I feel a glom coming on. Shelley Laurenston characters are over-the-top and just plain fun. Her world-building and plots aren't perfect, but I often have a smile on my face while reading, which counts for a lot more. One thing I want to talk about because I don't think I've ever seen this in romance:Miki gets pregnant near the end of the book. Sarah (heroine of book 1) asks her if she plans on keeping it. This was asked in a completely matter-of-fact tone, no judgement implied. And Miki seriously considers her options. !!!When does that ever happen? That one scene bumped this book from 4 to 5 stars, because, seriously, in a world where abortion is safe and legal, many women who are unintentionally pregnant will consider abortion without much angst or drama, but we'd never know that from reading romance. That's some subversive stuff right there. AND! Sarah and Zac, who didn't want children in their book, STILL don't want children. So they go ahead and get sterilized. And, again, there's no value judgement there. No weirdness with Sarah and Zac not wanting children while Miki and Connall are having a baby. It was all so, "To each her own," and I loved that.